Over the last few years, many hours have been spent reflecting upon my experiences in life and how they have shaped me. I have learnt a lot about myself as a person; my strengths, my weaknesses and more importantly, what makes me happy. This last year has been a profound time for change, exponential growth and more recently, an overwhelming acceptance of myself.
This journey, however, is not over – it has only just begun. I want to learn, relearn, and learn some more. I am committed to a life-long exploration of self, this world and everything in it.
“Those who think they know everything, learn nothing” McDonald.
This blog is an outlet for this journey. I have established 7 core values that I will endeavour to live my life by and this blog will focus on topics aligned with each value. Being the type of person who wants to do everything all at once, I have spent my life caught in a cycle of bouncing from one inspirational idea to another. My core values are a way to establish a solid foundation by which to build my life upon.
My core values are summarised, as follows:
- Creativity: invest time and energy into my creative pursuits and dreams, as well as encouraging creativity within my relationships.
- Humility: never presume that I am right; remain open to improvement and constructive criticism. “Those who keep their minds open to new concepts – those whose cups are always empty – will always move to higher levels of achievement and fulfilment” Sharma.
- Authenticity: stay true to myself, my values and beliefs. Maintain my boundaries and remain genuine and honest, regardless of the circumstances.
- Freedom: do not buy into a life based upon material possessions; maintain a level of financial freedom to allow frequent travel. Always nurture the desire to explore the world while freeing yourself and others of expectations.
- Courage: have the perseverance and determination to see commitments through to the end. Nourish the resolve to persist through hard times, and a refusal to give up. Have the courage to succeed and more importantly, to fail and keep going.
- Responsibility: understand that I am responsible for my behaviour and emotions. I cannot control the event, but I can control my response, and therefore I can control the outcome. Event + Response = Outcome.
- Compassion: demonstrate a commitment to love and loyalty. Prioritising time with friends and family, and actively acknowledging the value of others in my life. Resist from judging those I do not understand and commit to treating myself and others with kindness and respect.
Each of the blog topics featured on A Life Remastered are aligned with these core values. I have by no means perfected these values but I am making a conscious effort each day to incorporate them into everything I do. This blog will encourage me to remain proactive as well as encourage an evolution of the self.
Quote by Sharma: Recommended read “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari” by Robin S. Sharma.