Harraaaah for 2018! A new year, a new blogger award.
To start the year as I intend to go on, I am happy to announce that the wonderful author of Scarlett’s BPD Corner has nominated me for the 2018 Liebster Award.
Scarlett’s blog is a beautifully insightful collection of posts documenting her life with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). Not only does it open your eyes to the world through her lenses, but for anyone interested in mental health – there are plenty of helpful mental health tips from someone with not only the knowledge, but the personal experience. If you’re interested in the wonders of the mind and would like to be inspired by Scarlett’s authentic way of sharing her story – check this blog out. It is an eye opening and inspirational blog.
So thank you Scarlett, I am extremely grateful to be nominated for this.
Before I go on to explaining a bit more about this award, I want to firstly emphasise how important it is to support fellow bloggers in this crowded world of blogging. Even though every Tom, Dick and Harry are blogging in the 21st Century, there is such a wonderful collection of stories, information and help out there – having the freedom to write and be heard is powerful, and if there is another blog out there that can improve my readers lives; I will always want to share it with you.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award in which bloggers nominate other bloggers for showing respect to their works and their dedication. It’s a way to show appreciation and recognition for all the fellow bloggers out there in the blogosphere. At the end of the year, each nomination response is reviewed and a winner is chosen.
Rules for Accepting the Award:
- Write about the award on your blog and thank the person who nominated you. Make sure you introduce their blog too.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Nominate 5 to 10 blogs that you feel deserve the nomination.
- Let the nominees know that you nominated them.
Here are the official rules for the Liebster Award 2018.
Don’t forget to create 10 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.
My questions from Scarlett’s BPD Corner:
1. What is your favourite writer and why?
My favourite writer is a difficult question to answer. It depends what mood I am in. I think from all the books I have read, the two fiction authors that stick in my mind are Karen Marie Moning (Amazing Fever Series) and Kate Morton (I loved ‘The Forgotten Garden’).
2. What motivates you to write?
My mind is very busy and I often get an overwhelming need to purge my brain of all these thoughts circling round. I write because I feel I am able to translate my thoughts into written words with far more clarity than I am able to communicate through speaking. Writing has always acted as therapy to me and is an incredible way to learn about myself and reflect.
3. When and why did you begin writing?
I have been writing as far back as I can remember. I don’t have a lot of childhood memories but I remember that I spent a lot of time alone in my room writing stories. One time I even created a magazine and wrote my own Agony Aunt column; I created my own bizarre little scenarios and answered them as sensibly as a 7-year-old could. I still have all my magical stories stored away somewhere. My mind was always very active as a child.
These days I write because I am passionate about sharing knowledge and I want to inspire others to build a wonderful life that they’re proud of. I believe human potential has very few limitations and if you can find ways to get more out of your life, then you should. I am trying to do this with mine and inspire others to do the same.
4. If you could change 5 things about this world, what would you change?
Ooh, I like this question. After quite a few glasses of wine, I tend to always get very upset about how unhappy people are in this world. I always want to help those who are vulnerable and cannot help themselves. I think it is something that I am always trying to change. If I could change 5 things it would be;
- Happiness would be the number 1 goal in life – not wealth. Greed sucks people’s souls dry and there are way too many idiots out there destroying lives.
- Processed food and sugar would be removed from society and marked as a class A drug.
- Everyone would have at least 6 sessions of therapy a year.
- Wealth would be shared equally; I hear stories of people smashing £30k bottles of champagne in a nightclub and it breaks my heart. There are people that cannot even drink clean water and idiots are wasting so much money on a bottle of dirty tasting carbonated crap. Rehabilitate homeless people – society is not doing enough to help those living on or below the poverty line.
- The working hours of 9-5 would be scrapped. It’s out-dated. Flexible working and working from home should be engrained within every working culture. There are so many flawed business models that need to be updated.
5. If you could change something about yourself, what would it be? It can be physical or psychological.
These are great questions. I would be more mentally resilient. I am pretty tough mentally but I feel like I give up too easily when physically challenged and I know the choice to give up is purely in my mind. I can endure psychological suffering quite well but when it comes to physical suffering, I wish I could push myself harder and find my maximum capacity.
6. Do you still watch TV? If so, what do you like to watch?
I don’t really watch TV much anymore. I have so much I want to achieve in life, I feel like TV can waste my precious hours. For me, TV and film needs to add value to my life that is aligned with my goals. So, for example, I’ve been enjoying watching SAS and the Rocky films lately as these are motivational and inspiring.
7. If you could live forever in an imaginary world from a book, tv show or movie, which one would you pick?
These questions are wonderfully challenging. I actually can’t think of an imaginary world I would like to live in. I would love to be able to create one with my own mind – if I could manipulate my own reality, I would love to create my own perfect little world with all my favourite people around me.
8. What is your morning routine?
This fluctuates. On a work day where everything goes to plan: I get up at 5am, get into my gym gear and listen to a podcast. I commute to work while I listen to an audiobook, which takes about an hour and 10 minutes, and then head to the gym. I work out for about 30-40 minutes and then get ready and head into work. I eat my breakfast of fresh mango and berries at my desk while I log-in and make a gallon of coffee.
9. If you could revive five deceased people, who would you revive?
I would revive Freddie Mercury (Queen), Robin Williams, Albert Einstein, Marilyn Monroe and Mahatma Ghandi.
10. What are your plans for 2018?
This year; I am going to spend more time with my family and friends, I am going to expand my knowledge in several areas I want to specialise in, increase my blog and readership and I am looking forward to staying sober for the whole of 2018.
My questions for the nominees:
- Who was your favourite childhood friend – real, of the fluffy variety or invisible?
- If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently? [How can you make up for these do-overs now in this life?]
- Minimalism is meant to promote happiness – If you could incorporate minimalism into your life and only keep five possessions, what would they be?
- What was one of your most defining moments in life? Why?
- What are you most afraid of? How do you plan to conquer this fear in 2018?
- What feels like love to you? [i.e. What is your love language?]
- What is your strongest personal quality?
- If you were President, what is the first thing you would do?
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
- How are you going to make a positive impact on this world in 2018?
My Six Nominations:
You’re smashing life guys and gals! I love your work – keep it up.
Call to Action
Comment below! I would love to hear your thoughts! How are you going to make a positive impact on this world in 2018?
Sign up now to be notified first of all future blog posts on A Life Remastered. Don’t miss a single blog!